SECTION: PURCHASING CARD
SUBJECT: PURCHASING CARD ADMINISTRATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
PROCEDURE: ALL CAMPUSES
PURCHASING CARD ADMINSTRATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The Purchasing Card Administrator is responsible for the over-all Purchasing Card program. Responsibilities include:
- University of South Carolina's contact with Bank of America.
- Utilizing WORKS application from Bank of America.
- Reviewing department approved applications for completeness of required information.
- Submitting completed applications to Bank of America and receiving Purchasing Cards from Bank of America.
- Training Department Liaisons before releasing Purchasing Cards.
- Training Cardholders before releasing Purchasing Card.
- Having Cardholder sign Purchasing Cardholder Agreement, signifying agreement with the terms of the Purchasing Card Program.
- Handling disputed charges/discrepancies not resolved by Cardholder or Department Liaison.
- Initiating change of Purchasing Card default account and/or object code upon request of Department Liaison.
- Securing revoked Purchasing Cards and submitting information to Bank of America.
- Processing upload of bill to accounting for charging individual departments.
- Reviewing Bank of America's invoice, preparing for payment and submitting to Accounting for EFT payment.
- Reconciling accounting statements as to payments to Bank of America and charges to individual departments.
- Reviewing usage of Purchasing Card data for appropriateness.