SECTION: PURCHASING CARD
SUBJECT: CARDHOLDER RESPONSIBILITIES
PROCEDURE: ALL CAMPUSES
The Cardholder must only use the Purchasing Card for legitimate business purposes. The Purchasing Card may not be used for food, travel, registration fees, entertainment, cash (gift cards, incentives and postage are not allowed) and other categories as included in the Blocked Merchant Category Code list included in these policies and procedures. Misuse of the card will subject the Cardholder to disciplinary action in accordance with University of South Carolina Policies and Procedures relating to disciplinary action and termination for cause. The Cardholder must:
- ENSURE THE PURCHASING CARD IS USED ONLY FOR LEGITIMATE BUSINESS PURPOSES.
- MAINTAIN THE PURCHASING CARD IN A SECURE LOCATION AT ALL TIMES.
- THE PURCHASING CARD IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.
- Ensure that the Purchasing Card is only used by the approved cardholder. Use by anyone other than the cardholder is strictly prohibited.
- Adhere to the purchase limits and restrictions of the Purchasing Card and ensure the total transaction amount of any single transaction does not exceed $4,999.99.
- Obtain all sales slips, register receipts, and/or Purchasing Cards slips and provide to Department Liaison reconciliation, approval and allocation of transactions.
- Cardholder signature required on monthly statements.
- Notify Department Liaison if the default account and/or object code should be changed on a transaction.
- Attempt to resolve disputes or billing errors directly with the vendor and notify Bank of America if the dispute or billing error is not satisfactorily resolved.
- Ensure that an appropriate credit for the reported disputed items(s) or billing error appears on a subsequent Cardholder's Statement.
- Not accept cash in lieu of a credit to the Purchasing Card account.
- Immediately report a lost or stolen card to Bank of America at 1-888-449-2273 (24 hours a day, 365 days a year).
- Immediately notify Department Liaison and/or Purchasing Card Administrator of a lost or stolen Purchasing Card at the first opportunity during business hours.
- Return the Purchasing Card to Department Liaison upon terminating employment with the University of South Carolina.
- If changing departments within the University of South Carolina, please contact the Purchasing Card Administrator to coordinate the change and provide instructions for retaining purchasing card and approvals for new department.