SECTION: PURCHASING CARD
SUBJECT: PURCHASING CARD SET UP, MAINTENANCE AND CLOSURE
PROCEDURE: ALL CAMPUSES
PURCHASING CARD SET UP, MAINTENANCE AND CLOSURE
All contact with Bank of America for card set up, maintenance and closure (except for reporting lost or stolen cards) is handled by the Purchasing Card Administrator who is located in the Purchasing Department (777-4115).
- Card Set Up
- University of South Carolina employee completes a Purchasing Card application and submits to his/her Department Head for completion and approval.
- Department Head completes the application by indicating the account and object code to be assigned to the card.
- Department Head signature approval delegates transaction authority to the Cardholder.
- Approved application is to be sent to the Purchasing Card Administrator.
- Purchasing Card Administrator reviews application for completeness and submits application to Bank of America for processing.
- Upon receipt of the Purchasing Card from Bank of America, the Purchasing Card Administrator will conduct a training session with the Cardholder prior to issuing the card.
- Cardholder signs Cardholder Agreement signifying agreement with the terms of the Purchasing Card program.
- Card Maintenance
- Purchasing Card Administrator will use all available tools of Bank of America's software for the maintenance of cards.
- Lost or Stolen Cards - Cardholder must immediately report the lost/stolen card to Bank of America at 1-888-449-2273. Cardholder must also notify the Purchasing Card Administrator who will follow up with Bank of America if replacement procurement card is not received.
- Terminated Employees - Department Liaison is to secure Purchasing Cards from terminated employees. The Department Liaison will immediately notify the Purchasing Card Administrator by phone of the termination. A request for closing the Cardholder account will be submitted to Bank of America by the Purchasing Card Administrator within 2 days of receiving the notification. All Purchasing Cards are to be returned to the Purchasing Card Administrator for disposal.
- Other Card Revokes/Closures - Purchasing Card Administrator will notify Bank of America immediately of all revokes and closures.
- Purchasing Cards will be reviewed in January of each year. Any card with no activity for the previous 12 month period will be cancelled and the liaison will be notified that this action has occurred.