SECTION: PURCHASING CARD
SUBJECT: LIAISON RESPONSIBILITIES
PROCEDURE: ALL CAMPUSES\
Each Department Head must designate a maximum of two Department Liaisons for each department. A Department Liaison may also be liaison for his/her own card. However, if the department liaison(s) is also a Purchasing Cardholder, it will be the responsibility of the liaison to have the monthly charges incurred on the liaison's purchasing card reviewed and signed on the billing statement by their immediate supervisor or department head. An approver within the Bank of America’s Works software application is also required for the liaison. The department liaison must attend all required training sessions and will be notified of these by means of e-mail notification and broadcast messages on Works. Responsibilities include:
- Collecting vendor receipts and purchasing card receipts from Cardholders and reconciling to Bank of America billing statements.
- Retaining all charge slips and receipts for audit by internal and external auditors.
- Signing monthly statements.
- Approving and/or updating account and/or object codes and cost-sharing information on electronic billing distribution of individual Cardholder account within the specified deadline using WORKS web-based application.
- Identifying and updating transactions that require the submission of use tax and/or account changes within the specified deadline using WORKS web-based application.
- If a change in account and/or object code, cost share, use tax needs to be made after the specified deadline, the Department Liaison is responsible for creating a journal entry to correct the necessary charges. Journal entries should be submitted directly to the USC Controller’s Office.
- Attempting to resolve any disputes with vendor and/or Bank of America not resolved by Cardholder within sixty (60) days of the posting date. Note: 60 day period for resolution of disputes.
- Notifying Purchasing Card Administrator of default account and/or object code changes for individual cards as needed. Especially important for upcoming expiring grants.
- Notifying Purchasing Card Administrator of lost or stolen cards.
- Requesting Purchasing Card Administrator to cancel a Cardholder's card e.g.(terminated employees, loss of purchasing card privileges) as approved by Department Head.
- Collecting canceled cards from Cardholders, cut in half and forwarding to Purchasing Card Administrator along with a cancellation request memo.
- Department Liaisons are responsible for making sure that they are receiving messages from WORKS.