925 Gadsden Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29208
- COMPUTERS - Various make and models of computers are turned in as surplus on a daily basis. These computers are in various states of condition. Many of these are in operating condition, however, some have been cannibalized or do not function.
- HAS ALL SENSITIVE UNIVERSITY DATA BEEN TOTALLY ERASED? - Any computer tape, disk ( hard drive, CD or Floppy) or other storage medium used to store University data must be totally erased or rendered unreadable before it is disposed of through departmental transfer or Consolidated Services. Employees should contact their computer personnel for assistance if necessary.
- Any computers turned in as surplus will be screened to determine if the harddrive is intact. If the hard drive is present, it will be removed and destroyed.
- DESK AND CHAIRS - Many desks and chairs pass through this department and on to state surplus. These also are of different manufacturers and are in various states of condition.
- FILE CABINETS AND BOOK SHELVES - File cabinets of different sizes, colors, and condition are occasionally available. Many of these are the older type, however, newer models do come in. As expected the newer models don't last long in the warehouse. Many of the lockable models will require new keys to be cut.
- ELECTRONIC AND SCIENTIFIC EQUIPMENT - Routinely different types of electronic and scientific equipment are turned in as surplus. This equipment varies in condition and type. Many components may be applicable to particular needs..
- LASER JET CARTRIDGES - Consolidated Services recycles hundreds of laser jet cartridges annually. In order to help USC's recycle quotas, departments may return empty cartridges to Consolidated Services for recycling instead of sending them to a landfill. Also, Consolidated Services will pickup empties while making delivery of supplies.
Surplus property is held for approximately three weeks then sent to State Surplus for disposition.
INVENTORY AND SURPLUS PROPERTY FUNCTIONS AS A SERVICE TO THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY AND THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA. MATERIAL ISSUED FROM INVENTORY IS TO BE USED SOLELY FOR UNIVERSITY PURPOSES. CONSOLIDATED SERVICES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDITION OF OR EXPENSES INCURRED WITH EQUIPMENT ISSUED.
Feel free to pay us a visit. Operating Hours are 8:00-4:30 Monday thru Friday.